To use this feature, join Babbler easily !
Babbler is a free tool for journalists
Do not suffer news anymore, control it
By signing up you will be able to contact hundreds of press officer :
To learn more, watch the video
You're 1 click away from signing up
What is Babbler!
Nice to see you again !
A fundraising opportunity to support UglyFruits organic fruit and vegetable boxe
minutes reading time
minute reading time
A fundraising opportunity to support UglyFruits organic fruit and vegetable boxes
UglyFruits is a new home delivery service for (sometimes ugly) organic fruit and vegetable boxes at a reduced price. Its mission is to democratise organic produce in Switzerland whilst reducing waste. Launched in May, the Swiss company delivers its first boxes today and will continue to raise funds through its wemakeit.com project until the 22nd of September.
What is UglyFruits’ mission? To make organic produce widely accessible through reduced prices by selling odd-shaped fruit and vegetables which would normally be thrown away. UglyFruits says NO to waste and YES to a more responsible consumption!
The first boxes, which are available online at uglyfruits.ch, are delivered within 48 hours. All boxes are composed of at least 12 different varieties of fruit and vegetables, directly purchased from growers. The system is simple and easily adaptable to fit the needs of the subscribers who are able to determine:
- The box size according to their personal consumption
- The delivery date and frequency (e.g. once a week, every two weeks…)
- To suspend their subscription during the holidays
The wemakeit project will run until the 22nd of September and allows supporters to benefit from preferential rates.
In order to test the concept, UglyFruits initially targeted Switzerland's French-speaking market through a similar campaign on Kickstarter. An ambitious goal, which was 100 % successful:
- CHF 23,000 were raised
- More than 300 baskets were delivered
- More than 500 people now eat organic food thanks to UglyFruits
And the concept benefits everyone!
- The producers: UglyFruits works hand in hand with the organic producers, thus enabling a short supply chain. The result is a much better remuneration for growers and less unsold produce.
- Consumers get better value for money and are able to enjoy an uncomplicated delivery service. In addition to receiving fresh and organic products straight to their homes, prices are about 20 % below market price.
- Less environmental impact: UglyFruits reduces waste and packaging through bulk purchases and doesn’t require product storage. And all that is achieved while encouraging a new mode of consumption!
For the german press release visit this link
For the french press release visit this link
For more information visit: uglyfruits.ch
Support the wemakeit project: wemakeit.com/projects/uglyfruits-ch/
Tél. +41 78 797 70 08
- Chefs - Restaurants
Congratulations, you're registered on Babbler!
Discover now all the news waiting for you on Babbler: visit your newsfeed.!
Your topics have been selected, you can change it by clicking here
- Chefs - Restaurants