To use this feature, join Babbler easily !
Babbler allows PR people and reporters to collaborate a better way.
By joining Babbler you will be able to access hundreds of newsrooms and PR contacts from your industrie(s) and also share with them your upcoming needs.
Their newsrooms are already on Babbler
You're 1 click away from signing up
Nice to see you again !
East Africa Cement Market: Size, Share, Report, Trends, Government Initiatives and Forecast to 2019-2024 - IMARC Group
minutes reading time
minute reading time
IMARC Group’s recent report, titled “East Africa Cement Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2019-2024”, estimated that the East Africa cement marketreached a volume of US$ 15.5 Million Tons in 2018. The cement market possesses vast opportunities in East African countries on account of soaring population and inflating income levels in the region. This is also stimulating infrastructural activities in both the residential as well as commercial sector. As a result, various foreign investors are diving in the construction sector and supporting the local cement industries by organizing various training programmes. Besides this, the region is also witnessing several technological advancements which is leading to a higher production of cement in the region.
Some of the key players operative in the market include Armada Mercantile Ltd. (CNQ: ARM), Bamburi Cement Limited, EAPCC, Dangote Cement Plc and Mombasa Cement Limited.
Request Free Sample Report: https://www.imarcgroup.com/east-africa-cement-market/request-sample
East Africa Cement Market Drivers:
The consumption of cement in Ethiopia has been primarily driven by the federal government’s five-year Growth and Transformation Plan (GTP) which helped the country in achieving around 11-15% annual economic growth between 2010-2015. In line with this, the government invested heavily in infrastructure and transport sectors. Construction of the Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam, six rail networks, and hydroelectric projects like Gilgel-Gibe III Dam and Genale Dawa III Dam have majorly boosted the consumption of cement in the region. Moreover, the ongoing construction of Bukasa Inland Port and the development of Entebbe International Airport in Uganda are creating a positive outlook of cement industry. Thus, East Africa cement industry is envisaged to experience a positive growth owing to the aforementioned factors as well as some of the other forces like improvement in fleet management and rising penetration in remote areas. Looking forward, the cement market in East Africa volume is projected to reach US$ 23.4 Million Tons by 2024, expanding at a CAGR of 7.3% during 2019-2024.
East Africa Cement Market Overview:
- Based on type, Portland cement is the most popular product type, accounting for the majority of the total market share. This is due to its vast range of applications in grout fillings, concrete projects, etc. Portland cement is followed by blended cement and others.
- On the basis of application, the market has been divided into the residential, commercial and infrastructure sector. Currently, the residential sector holds the largest shareowing to a rise in the market demandfor better housing facilities from the middle-class population.
- Region-wise, Ethiopia represents the leading market for cement in East Africa. Ascending infrastructure and construction activities in the region has largely contributed to the cement market growth in East Africa. Apart from Ethiopia, other major markets include Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi and Kenya.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined in the report. It has been found that the East Africa cement market is highly fragmented with the presence of several players.
- This report provides a deep insight into the cement market covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the Cement market micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter’s five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc.
Browse Full Report with TOC & List of Figure: https://www.imarcgroup.com/east-africa-cement-market
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Contact USIMARC Group
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800 | www.imarcgroup.com
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331
For India market research reports, visit: http://www.marketresearchindia.co.in
Congratulations, you're registered on Babbler!
Discover now all the news waiting for you on Babbler: visit your newsfeed.!
Your topics have been selected, you can change it by clicking here